Meal prep is such a great tool for delivering healthy meals all week long. All you have to do is stock your pantry with some healthful ingredients (veggies, whole grains, pulses), and then cook up a whole batch of this 4-Way Meal Prep: Roasted Spiced Vegetables, Chickpeas and Quinoa recipe to pack away in four storable, portable, microwaveable containers in the fridge for grab-and-go healthy meals during the week.
What I really love about this super nutritious and delicious recipe is that is based on the simple combination of chickpeas, carrots, cauliflower, quinoa, and spices. But then you can mix up that basic combination just a little bit to create different meals that don’t get quite as boring as eating the exact same meal each day. In about 35 minutes, you can put together these four vegan, gluten-free meals for a week of healthy eating:
Vegetable, Chickpea Quinoa Power Bowl
Chickpea Quinoa Kale Salad
Vegetable Chickpea Quinoa Wrap
Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Pasta
Check out the video for this recipe here:Print
4-Way Meal Prep: Roasted Spiced Vegetables, Chickpeas and Quinoa
(3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
5 from 3 reviews
- Author: The Plant-Powered Dietitian
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Diet: Vegan
Make these 4 different plant-based, gluten-free meal preps based on one recipe of roasted vegetables, chickpeas, quinoa, and a few additions in only 35 minutes.
Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas:
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked red paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked lentil pasta
- 1 cup fresh chopped kale
- 1 tortilla or wrap (gluten-free)
Fresh herbs, as desired (cilantro, parsley, oregano, basil)
4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a baking sheet, arrange a thin layer in vertical sections of: carrots slices, green bell pepper slices, red onion slices, chickpeas, and cauliflower florets.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice evenly over the vegetables.
- In a small dish, mix together cumin seeds, smoked red paprika, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and coconut palm sugar. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the vegetables.
- Place on top rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare quinoa. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa and vegetable bullion, cover, and simmer over medium for about 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from burner.
- To prepare meal prep 4 ways: Divide the roasted vegetables and cooked quinoa among 4 rectangular glass containers with toppings as follows. Garnish with fresh herbs as desired and lemon wedges.
- Vegetable, Chickpea Quinoa Power Bowl: In a glass rectangular container, arrange cooked quinoa, top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas, and sprinkle with hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Chickpea Quinoa Kale Salad: In a glass rectangular container, arrange chopped kale, top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas, cooked quinoa, and hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Vegetable Chickpea Quinoa Wrap: In a glass rectangular container, arrange 1 tortilla or wrap. Top with a layer of quinoa, roasted vegetables and chickpeas, and hemp seeds. Roll the tortilla around the mixture, cover, and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Pasta: In a glass rectangular container, arrange cooked lentil pasta, vegetables, quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes, and hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Garnish with fresh herbs as desired (cilantro, parsley, basil). To enjoy, simply reheat in the microwave or serve the meals cold. Toss together with a fork before eating. Store below 40 degrees F for up to 5 days before eating.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meal prep, vegan meal prep, healthy meal prep
For other great meal prep recipes, check out the following:
Turmeric Rice and Black Bean Bowl
Mediterranean Edamame Quinoa Bowl
Moroccan Chickpea Sorghum Bowl
Green Goddess Buddha Bowl
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.