Our iPad is a family device. I use it to draw on Procreate, while my daughter loves the Crayola games that help cognitive development, transactional learning, and beginner coding with the Swift Playground (even though she doesn’t know she’s learning).
Want more? Via our friends at Apple Canada, here are a fantastic selection of apps to keep the whole family busy, which are amazing for the long Family Day weekend here in Canada, or the upcoming Summer Vacation.
Create and learn with apps for all on iPhone and iPad
- Use the time off to discover your creative side (you have it…even if you don’t think you do!). And explore apps like Wattpad that feature thousands of amazing stories, cook up a storm with Yummly or learn to play piano and keyboard with Simply Piano. And if you’re looking for a fun, free creativity app, explore Clips, where with just a few taps you can create videos with immersive effects, artistic filters, dynamic music, animated text, emoji, stickers and more!
- Learning apps can make a dull lesson more fun or a complex concept accessible. This Family Day introduce a new learning apps for kids of all ages. Preschoolers can discover hours of creative interactive play with Sago Mini World or high school students can learn anywhere with Kahoot! the engaging learning game that offers quizzes on any topic bringing the magic of learning to students, teachers, office superheroes, trivia fans and lifelong learners.
Enjoy great entertainment on iPhone, iPad and Mac with Apple TV and Apple Music,
- Cozy up and discover your next favourite movie or series on Apple TV+. A true Canadian iconic program like Fraggle Rock: Back To The Rock is sure to spark nostalgia for 80s babies, while introducing a new generation to the classic. And if you are gearing up for the Academy Awards – make sure to catch Best Picture nominee CODA, and Denzel Washington’s Best Actor nominated performance in The Tragedy of Macbeth — there is something for everyone.
- Truly escape with a great book /audiobook on Apple Books. The single destination for all the books and audiobooks you love – and all the ones you’ll love next. Track what you’ve read and what you want to read, and set your own Reading goals — all in one app and across all Apple devices. Dig into the Travel & Adventure selections to pick your next family vacation destination, or try a new family cooking night recipe from the Cookbooks, Food & Wine selections.
- Curated vacation playlists on Apple Music can be shared with the family so everyone can sing along. Trying the Family Road Trip … playlist to make car rides more enjoyable, or if everyone is in the mood to dance try the Living Room Dance Party playlist to kick things off. To turn it up a notch, use time-synched lyrics — a fun way to turn your space into your own karaoke party to see who can win the sing-off!
Get moving with Apple Watch and Apple Fitness+
- Even if you’re sticking at home, Fitness+ audio experience, Time to Run and Time to Walk on can turn your workout into a mini vacation. Each Time to Run, episode features a popular running route in some of the most notable and iconic locations like London, Brooklyn, Miami Beach and Nashville. With Time to Walk, take walks with some of the world’s most interesting and inspiring people, in some of their favourite places; from Prince William on the grounds of Kensington Palace to Shawn Mendes in the Hollywood Hills.
The post The Best New iPad Apps for Kids to Create, Learn, and Stay Entertained appeared first on SocialDad.ca.