188: Tech for Road Trips
Need some ideas on how to use tech for road trips in a productive way with your children?
1. For Entertainment
- podcasts – listen to our previous episode on Podcasts for kids of all ages
- movies, TV shows
- video games and apps. The ones I mentioned: Human Resource Machine game, 80 Days, the Room apps. Find reviews of educational games on Common Sense Media
If everyone has a device some ideas:
- race to finish puzzles, Sporcle quizzes, online crosswords etc
- scavenger hunt – use Google maps
For On-the-go Problem Solving
- navigation (including alternate routes)
- finding gas (use Gas Buddy app or Google maps
- finding food stops
** Last week to sign up your high schooled homeschoolers for show sponsor FundaFunda Academy’s High School Challenge – a unique contest where your students learn valuable skills AND win money and gift card prizes at the same time.
Take a look at show sponsor, FundaFunda Academy to see what they offer for online classes and web-based unit studies.
Join our Facebook Group especially for the listeners of this podcast! You can ask questions and get advice as you try integrating technology in your homeschool.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and give a rating and maybe even a review! Subscribing will help you make sure you never miss an episode
HWT_188_TechforRoadTrips_.mp3 (18:00, 18MB)